What are Ticket Types?
The ticket types help to distinguish the ticket according to different kinds of problems the support group deals with and for providing the true nature to the submitted requests.
Need for categorizing a ticket:
- It helps in the management of problems process.
- Improve ticket trend reporting.
- Helps in enabling proper escalation routing of tickets.
- Helps in the reduction of support cost.
Quicks steps for creating Ticket Types:
- Login to your UVdesk Support Panel.
- On the Dashboard, you will see "PRODUCTIVITY" menu and under it, you will find "Ticket Types".
- Click on the "Ticket Types" Icon and then you will be redirected to a new page.
- In the new page, you will see a list of existing Ticket Types and "New Type" button.
- Hit the "New Type" button and then you will see a page for creating a new Ticket Type.
- Enter Name, Description and Click on "Save Changes" to save information and create a Ticket Type.
- You can also sort the Ticket Types by Id, Name, and Status.